Monday, June 13, 2016

Getting Better

 The band and I went to San Francisco to record our new album. It will coming out late 2016. It will totally blow your mind. Nelson, Brian, Susan and myself got super sick from someplace in San Francisco. Wow, the flu really kicked our butts but I'm back in action again.  I'm really looking forward to July 7 at Wellfield Botanical Gardens, in Elkhart, Indiana. Me and the Native Groove will be performing there that night. l love the energy we have when we play live and the audience grooves to our sound. When I play and look out into the audience and see people with their eyes closed and swaying to the music, it's the best feeling. While in Indiana, I'm going to take a few days off and visit with one of my older brothers and see family. It's so nice, sitting on my brother's porch, barbecuing, a cool adult beverage and talking about whatever comes into our heads.  When I get back, I've got another show Friday night at the Los Angeles Arboretum out on the lawn. Last year, I looked out into the crowd and people were doing yoga, children running and playing, couples sharing a bottle of wine and others just grooved to the music. It's a wonderful experience. Then on Tuesday, July 19, I'll be playing at the World Music Series in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. This one is a first for me. Bands from all over play every Tuesday night in Victoria Gardens in front of the playhouse. The end of July, July 30, I will be conducting a 2 hour workshop of the Native American Style Flute, how to play and find your voice. We will talk about using the flute as tool to heal and get in contact with your feelings, working things through. You will also get to take your flute home with you. I helped facilitate a retreat this past February in Hawaii with Susan P. at Mind Body Aloha Retreats that dealt with healing oneself. It was truly amazing. We found new friends.This life is a magical one. I can't believe where the flute has taken me, so many journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment